Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Google Documents will do it for you

This isn't the first group trip I have put together. One of the hardest things was getting every one's name and birth date correct. In the case of our wedding group, I also need to collect immigration information such as passport number, emergency contact, etc. I thought I was going to have to send out a form for everyone to return then hassle them about getting it to me on time. What if I couldn't read the handwriting?
Well, to make things easier I used Google Documents. You set up a spreadsheet with all the headers and Google creates a form and e-mail it out. As guest fill in the blanks and hit submit the spreadsheet auto-populates. No laborious typing.
I am so excited I found this new feature. It is going to very useful for a lot of reasons.

No comments: