Twistie over at Manolo for the Brides posted some tips on how to be a good guest. I think that is helpful for anybody because generally we are guests more often than we are brides.
- Please, please, please RSVP!
- If at all possible, send your wedding gift before the wedding.
- Remember that the registry list is a helpful suggestion, not an order.
- Arrive in good time looking like you belong.
- Get into the spirit of the party.
- Thank your hosts.
#2 is doubly so for us because the cruise line requests that gifts are not brought on board. You also shouldn't fly with wrapped gifts.
For Twistie's explanation of why these are good rules, read the whole post here.